[Bioperl-l] How to get rid of warnings

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 20 14:04:52 UTC 2006

On Aug 20, 2006, at 1:41 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> [snip]
>
> We know how verbose works. We're discussing a desire for a new ability
> to set the verbosity for /all/ Root instances (hence 'global'), not
> just
> one at a time.
>
> My 'on'|'off' suggestion is a switch for global behaviour, not the
> specific level of verbosity, which you would still (independently)
> chose.

Global settings are what using env. variables are for.  Why not set
verbosity to whatever BIOPERLDEBUG is set to?  Or, if you don't like
that, use a different env. variable for global settings.  If it isn't
set then verbosity is 0 (default setting anyway).  verbose() is
called in the Root constructor so it should always be set to a
defined value.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer