[Bioperl-l] Motifs and aligned sequences

Antoni Fernàndez-Guerra genomewalker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 05:02:52 UTC 2006

Thanks for you answer Brian, but I've already done it, the problem is that
if I remove the dashes I will lose the positions on the aligned sequence,
eg: s/-//g --->> GATTATATA, then if i want to know where is the last
position of the motif it will be 7 instead of 16. I want to know the
positions of the dashes too...but now I don't have any good idea, I will
keep working on it. Thanks again
Antonio