[Bioperl-l] SearchIO speed up

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 17 20:49:15 UTC 2006

I have to agree.  If there was a way to get around this by having the change
behind the scenes in HSPI then I wouldn't see a problem.

Hence my suggestion of implementing hit() and other
SeqFeature::SimilarityPair methods directly in Bio::Search::HSP::HSPI (i.e.
no SimilarityPair inheritance) to return Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity objects
directly.

Chris