[Bioperl-l] StandAlone BLAST on Windows???

Bornman, Daniel M bornmand at BATTELLE.ORG
Fri Apr 21 17:52:07 UTC 2006

All that you have asked about is in place.

1) My PATH variable is set to 'C:\BLASTDB\bin\'

2) the 'ncbi.ini' file is in the C:\WINDOWS directory
The contents of this file are:

[NCBI]
Data=C:\BLASTDB\data

3) I formatted the ecoli.nt database with the following command in the
DOS prompt...

formatdb -i ecoli.nt -p F -o T

...this generated 7 files in the C:\BLASTDB\data\ directory.
(I can generate a Blast output with the following command..."blastall -p
blastn -d ecoli.nt -i test.txt -o test.out")

4) I also tried running the script after commenting out the
"$ENV{BLASTDIR} = 'C:\\BLASTDB\\data';" section

BUPKIS...

HAS ANYONE HERE EVER TRIED AND HAD SUCCESS USING 'StandAloneBlast' ON
WINDOWS?