[Bioperl-l] PSI-BLAST parsing fails on Windows

David Waner dwaner at scitegic.com
Tue Apr 18 22:05:59 UTC 2006

I have found that there is a small difference in output format between
the linux and Windows versions of NCBI blastpgp that causes parsing of
psi-blast results to fail on Windows.  Specifically, the Windows version
of blastpgp does not output the "Searching.done" lines between the
results of each iteration.  For example:
LINUX:

Database: C:\BioPerl\REGRES~1\Output\R517_protDB
           100 sequences; 33,683 total letters

Searching.done

Results from round 1
WINDOWS: