[Bioperl-l] FW: Bioperl question - please help!!!

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Sep 28 16:46:56 EDT 2005

------ Forwarded Message
From: Olena Morozova <olenka.m at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:45:30 -0400
To: <jason at bioperl.org>, Brian Osborne <brian_osborne at cognia.com>, Heikki
Lehvaslaiho <heikki at ebi.ac.uk>
Subject: Bioperl question - please help!!!

Hello,

Could you please help me out with the following: I have GeneIDs and
gene names of sequences from the Entrez Gene database, and I need to
retrieve the corresponding coding sequences from RefSeq. I have tried
using Bio::DB::GenBank to get the accession numbers, which I could
then use to retrieve the sequences from RefSeq, but apparently Entrez
Gene GIs are not the same as GenBank GIs and I am getting sequences of
totally different genes by this method. I would really appreciate any
comments or suggestions.

Thank you very much
Best Regards, Olena

------ End of Forwarded Message