[Bioperl-l] Cannot guess alphabet error

Wes Barris wes.barris at csiro.au
Thu Sep 22 22:35:02 EDT 2005

Jason Stajich wrote:

> use Bio::LocatableSeq for building alignments - these can be '---'
> seqs.  You'll see these are required when adding sequences to a
> BIo::SimpleAlign object for writing out to msf.

Actually, I am.  In order to make the sample code a simple as possible,
I changed it to PrimarySeq.  This code also produces the error:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Bio::LocatableSeq;
my $myseq = new Bio::LocatableSeq(-seq=>'AGCT', -id=>'myseq', -alphabet=>'dna');
$myseq->alphabet('dna');
$myseq->seq('----');