[Bioperl-l] Bio::Species validate_species_name

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:06:21 EDT 2005

Hilmar,
Before I modify entrezgene to override the classification verification I
have a question - what's the reason to do that? What about the danger of
inconsistencies down the road? One can imagine a situation, where the
parser having passed a bad classification creates invalid binomial name,
which then breaks the user's code (for example database queries, file
structure, etc.).
Thanks!
Stefan