[Bioperl-l] Re: Bioperl-l Digest, Vol 30, Issue 11

James D. White jdw at ou.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:17:44 EST 2005

Compiling a 64-bit version of Perl on Solaris is easy.  The hard part is
getting 64-bit versions of all
of the prerequisites built properly, but it can be done.  Check out
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-tk/2848095> for some
notes I wrote about
building a 64-bit version of Perl 5.8.5 under Solaris 9 with gcc. Once
you get the 64-bit C libraries
and the 64-bit non-pure Perl modules built, the main Bioperl installs
easily.

Jim White