[Bioperl-l] perl memory problem

Zaigang Liu Zaigang.Liu at usa.dupont.com
Wed Oct 26 11:55:23 EDT 2005

Hello, everyone,

I am new to this list and I am looking for help for one problem I met.

I am trying to run a perl program doing calculation on large data set. It
uses an array to store the input data and the array size will reach 8G
after all the data is loaded by my estimation. The process always stops and
gives a "out of memory" error when the memory usage reached about 2G. I
used a solaris machine with 40G memory so it is not really run out of
memory when the program stopped.

Does anyone know where could this program come from and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Zaigang

transfers of data to third parties.