[Bioperl-l] Need help for a GO request

ctemp2 at free.fr ctemp2 at free.fr
Thu Oct 6 11:11:55 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a list of genes (accession numbers) and I would like to find the
associated informations in Gene Ontology (I work with those datas, find
biological process, common node between 2 genes...).

I am a newbie with Bioperl and I would like to know :

- if there would be a module to send a request to the NCBI to obtain the GO
informations for those genes

- or if there would be a module to send the GO id to the GO site (I tried to use
Bio::Ontology::SimpleGOEngine but the example doesn't work, I get an error with
the 'parse' method which is not found by Perl in the module).

Thanks if you can help me.

Regards.

C. Tobini