[Bioperl-l] producing an organism report from BLAST results?

Tim Reid timreid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:38:14 EST 2005

On 11/22/05, Barry Moore <bmoore at genetics.utah.edu> wrote:

>  $Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'NCBI_GI'} = 'yes';
>
> The above example should be equivalent to the blastall -I T option.

by looking thru the source (which appears to be rather out of sync with the
documentation) i discovered that this line has to be:

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::RETRIEVALHEADER{'NCBI_GI'} = 'yes';

because NCBI_GI is a paramater of the GET cmd.

this is an odd arrangement (shouldn't these paramaters be set via the
RemoteBlast constructor?) but it works.

i have not yet been able to obtain the taxonomy relating to a gi number, but
i am still working at it.