[Bioperl-l] load in biosql a genome genbank file

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 03:19:18 EST 2005

Which file exactly do you mean? The .gbk I find at NCBI looks like a
perfectly normal genbank formatted file, and so shouldn't pose a
problem for bioperl.

Also, you need to post the full error message or otherwise explain what
you think isn't going the way you thought it should if you want help
because otherwise I don't know what exactly you mean by 'works not'.

	-hilmar

On Nov 16, 2005, at 11:08 AM, gdi at gbf.de wrote:

> Hi Hilmar,
>
> the ncbi genome files are different from "normal" genbank files eg. for
> one gene. I tried it with the load_seqdatabase.pl, with a) swissprot
> genome file. (eg. LISMO.dat), b) genbank lmo genome file
> a) works
> b) not
>
> Or i am wrong?
>
> Guido
>

>> The genome is in genbank format, right? Generally speaking there is
>> little limit on what you can load into BioSQL; if you are referring to
>> load_seqdatabase.pl, it can load any format that's understood by the
>> Bio::SeqIO system in Bioperl.
>>
>> Let me know if you were thinking about something else.
>>
>> 	-hilmar
>>
>> On Nov 8, 2005, at 3:26 AM, Guido Dieterich wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> is it possible to load into biosql a complete bacterial genome
>>> genbank
>>> file

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org