[Bioperl-l] Install Bioperl Errors

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Mon Nov 7 19:11:21 EST 2005

Julie,

Failed 7/179 test scripts, 96.09% okay. 1/8127 subtests failed, 99.99% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
[pc071090:~/bioperl-1.4] juliehux% make install
Warning: You do not have permissions to install into //usr/bin at
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 114.

This means you don¹t have permission to install the Bioperl scripts into
/usr/bin, it appears that the rest of Bioperl was installed successfully.

In order to connect to remote databases such as Genbank or EMBL you¹ll need
to install LWP and HTTP::Request, most Bioperlers would consider these Perl
modules essential. Do, as root:

>perl ­e shell ­MCPAN

Then:

cpan>install LWP