[Bioperl-l] Genbank parser

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Tue Nov 1 17:47:50 EST 2005

Bio::SeqIO parses genbank files.
There is a spliced_seq method to splice CDS sequence out from a set of
  http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/faq.html#Q5.5

See the HOWTOs for sequence introduction and feature and annotation
introduction.
http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/modules.html

and particularly the tutorial as well:
http://bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bptutorial.html

-jason

On Oct 30, 2005, at 8:35 PM, Bingshan Li wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Bioperl and recently found it has a lot of useful
> modules. I wrote a perl script to extract all protein sequences and
> corresponding coding sequences from Genbank files. But I found some
> bugs and it's hard to make sue my script is bug free after several
> revision. I am wondering if there are some modules and specific
> functions to use to fulfill my requirement. Does anybody have
> similar code to share with? Most bugs come from multiple segments
> of coding sequences and some cds sequences are on the minus strand.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Jason Stajich
Duke University
http://www.duke.edu/~jes12