[Bioperl-l] Convert Fasta to Phylip

Ferdinand Marlétaz Ferdinand.Marletaz at ens-lyon.fr
Tue May 24 13:23:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'd like to ask something : I have a fasta file with pieces of manually
controlled alignement (with - for "Gaps") and I've tried to read it
with AlignIO ( just like my $in  = Bio::AlignIO->new(-file =>
$inputfilename , '-format' => 'fasta');    ) in order to convert it to
phylip formatted sequence but... it reply me MSG: Got a sequence with
no letters in it cannot guess alphabet [] . So, I'd like to understand
how to convert a fasta alignement containing file into a phylip file
for phylogeny.
Thank you very much !

Cheers

Ferdi