[Bioperl-l] Drawing sequences in the "other" direction

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue May 24 08:16:32 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm trying to draw images of bits of aligned bacterial genomes with the
genes marked on as features.  Reasonably often a gene in one species is
on the +1 strand, and in another species it's on the -1 strand.  I want
to draw an image of these genes "aligned", one on top of the other, both
facing in the same direction (obviously those that I have flipped I will
annotate as such).

I have been drawing images using Bio::Graphics::Panel and the add_track
method, but I can't figure out how to draw the sequence, and all it's
features, running in the opposite direction.  In fact, I doubt there is
one unless someone can point it out?

I did think of drawing them in the right orientation and using the linux
"convert" command to flip the image, but then all the text is backwards!

Any help appreciated

Mick