[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::SearchIO::amps and Bio::SearchIO::mrbayes_nexus

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri May 13 10:51:36 EDT 2005

I added two init parameters to Bio::AlignIO::nexus

-show_symbols
-show_endblock

which should be set to '0' when initializing a nexus file for
MrBayes.   This should be in 1.5.0.

This seemed to work okay for me. I'd rather not see a new module if
we can just provide some parameters to tweak this.

AlignIO::nexus was never meant to be a full fledged nexus parser -
the Bio::SimpleAlign object is not complex enough to store all the
commands and blocks.  It would be nice if we could do a better job
here - maybe by making an object which stores the blocks differently
- AlignIO/SimpleAlign are only really applicable for the DATA block.

Definitely welcome your input/support on designing some new stuff
Matthew.  If it makes more sense to you to write a new module that is
fine too - but let's see how different it has to be from the current
one and whether or not we can combine them in the end.

-jason