[Bioperl-l] ESTScan Query

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 9 05:31:03 EDT 2005

Hi Sean

"tranalign" from the EMBOSS package will do what you ask...

word of warning about ESTScan there's a very small bug in the code that
can severely affect your translations. In the main ESTScan script

replace
$pSeq =~ s/[acgt]//g; # Remove lowercases...

with
$pSeq =~ s/[acgtn]//g; # Remove lowercases...

james

Sean.Maceachern at dpi.vic.gov.au wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am processing a number of EST sequences with ESTScan and was hoping
>someone could tell me if anything exists that can take an alignment from an
>ESTScan translation (protein) and align the corresponding nucleic coding
>regions maintaining the gaps etc... from the aligned protein.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Sean

"Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge...."
            --Thomas Edison

Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group   |
Institute of Evolutionary Biology |
Ashworth Laboratories, KB         | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh           | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                         |
EH9 3JT                           |
UK                                |