[Bioperl-l] Question about accessing tags in Bio::SeqFeature::Generic

iluminati at earthlink.net iluminati at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 21:10:51 EST 2005

I have a question about a the Bio::SeqFeature::Generic that doesn't seem
clear to me from the docs.  Here's an example of the seq feature I'm
creating...

my $RepeatElement = new Bio::SeqFeature::Generic(     -start =>
$L1HERVLine[6],
                                            -end => $L1HERVLine[7],
                                            -strand => $L1HERVLine[9],
                                            -source => 'Repeat',
                                            -tag =>{
                                            -repName => $L1HERVLine[10],
                                            -repClass => $L1HERVLine[11],
                                            -repFamily => $L1HERVLine[12]}
                                            );

Now, the feature itself creates fine.  However, it isn't clear how I
would retrieve information from the tag has.  The get_tag_value()
function isn't working for me, and I can't access the hash directly.
What should I do to be able to access the data?  Let me know, and thanks
in advance.