[Bioperl-l] Full uniprot annotation extraction

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Mar 15 03:34:37 EST 2005

On Monday, March 14, 2005, at 12:17  AM, SG Edwards wrote:

> I use Bio::DB::SwissProt to get the major annotation (e.g. primary
> accession
> number) but is there a way to get other annotation also (e.g. date of
> the last
> update?)

Swissprot (and uniprot) entries are parsed by the Bio::SeqIO::swiss
parser which returns a Bio::Seq::RichSeqI object. Check out it's POD
for some shortcut methods to get at specific annotation.
$seq->get_dates() will return an array of dates as present in the
entry; the date of last update will be the last element.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org