[Bioperl-l] stockholm AlignIO write_aln method

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Thu Mar 10 08:30:32 EST 2005

Albert

write_aln should take a list of  Bio::Align::AlignI objects (more
concretely, a Bio::SimpleAlign objects) and write them out using
$self->_print.
AlignIO::clustalw is a good example.

Stockholm format is documented here:
http://www.cgb.ki.se/cgb/groups/sonnhammer/Stockholm.html

We don't really support the notion of #=GF, #=GC, #=GS, #=GR lines in
Bioperl at this point although that would be nice so we can store and
manipulate data like secondary structure strings within Bioperl.  I
know some people had talked about this a long time ago, I don't think
anything was done...

-jason
--
Jason Stajich