[Bioperl-l] Re: [Gmod-gbrowse] Parser

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri Mar 4 16:06:35 EST 2005

You'll have to read-up on the SearchIO system for it to make any sense.
http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/SearchIO/index.html

The HSPs are the "features" which are written back out with the
Bio::Tools::GFF module.

Most of the work is already done in the search2gff.PLS script for you
-- there is a lot of code in there to handle asking for query or hit
strand (you can only output one or the other) and filtering.

The code is in bioperl scripts/utilities directory or you can pull it
down here:
http://bioperl.org/SRC/bioperl-live/scripts/utilities/search2gff.PLS

So you want to run it like this (argument order doesn't matter)
perl search2gff -o myout.gff -i myinput.psl -f psl

-jason
--
Jason Stajich
jason.stajich at duke.edu