[Bioperl-l] pfam query

Juan Carlos Sanchez Ferrero jcsanchez at cib.csic.es
Thu Jun 16 11:33:54 EDT 2005

No is not that,
what i am more interested is in get the graphical representation of the
domains of each of my prots
here is an example, i can do this:

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

use Bio::Tools::WWW qw(:obj);

$pfam=$BioWWW->search_url('pfam_sp_uk');

print  STDERR "$pfam\n";

$query= $pfam.'Q9P902'

system "wget -p $query";

exit;

and it works fine,
but in contrast if i modify it in order to search for a seq

this
$pfam=$BioWWW->search_url('pfam_sp_uk');   to
$pfam=$BioWWW->search_url('pfam_seq_uk');

and the $query to something like $query=$pfam.'MTASDFPFCVLLIDFNPD..........'

i got an error saying that i haven't given a query sequence.....

maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe it is not possible do it this
way, i don't know

jc