[Bioperl-l] Re: [Gmod-gbrowse] Adding human chromosomes as reference sequences

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Tue Jul 19 12:43:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

The bug involving _maxbin() was fixed in the CVS version of bioper some time
ago. You also get the fix when you install the latest CVS version of GBrowse.
I'm sorry that the ucsc_genes2gff.pl script isn't loading the chromosome
extents; We just need a similar script called ucsc_chromosomes2gff.pl or
something similar. Ilari, since you've already essentially done this, perhaps
you'd be willing to contribute the script? I'll add it to bioperl.

Thanks for the information about load_ucsc.pl. Although I can't use it, due to
not having the enum.pm module installed, I did see immediately where the
problem has arisen and have fixed it in bioperl CVS (hope I didn't break it
in so doing!)

As of about a week ago the xyplot.pm glyph has been enhanced to accept
negative scores. You can also colorize the bars and points according to the
score or other criteria.

lincoln