[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db: exporting data

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Jul 6 03:47:21 EDT 2005

The way you're describing doesn't sound too far off. The rank is an
ordering index as well as a component of the unique key constraint,
i.e.,  you can't have two seqfeature qualifier values for the same
feature and tag name unless the rank is different.

Have you convinced yourself that you con log in to the database and
retrieve those additions by hand (using SQL)?

Can you reduce this to a test case where you load a single sequence
record, then issue SQL to add your custom annotation, and then retrieve
the record again. Email me the entry you loaded, the SQL statements you
issued, and the entry you got out.

	 -hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org