[Bioperl-l] Installing Bioperl using PPM

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 21 09:44:39 EST 2005

I think he means that you should do the following:

1) use "search bioperl"
2) pick the number of the correct bioperl from the list (NOT the version
number) and type "install #"

Here's what it looks like get when I use PPM3

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris Fields>ppm
PPM - Programmer's Package Manager version 3.1.
Copyright (c) 2001 ActiveState SRL. All Rights Reserved.

Entering interactive shell. Using Term::ReadLine::Stub as readline library.

Type 'help' to get started.

ppm> rep
Repositories:
[1] bioperl
[ ] ActiveState Package Repository
[ ] ActiveState PPM2 Repository
[ ] gmod
[ ] kobes
[ ] local
ppm> search bioperl
Searching in Active Repositories
   1. Bioperl-1.2     [1.2] Bioperl 1.2 PPM3 Archive
   2. Bioperl-1.2.1 [1.2.1] Bioperl 1.2.1 PPM3 Archive
   3. Bioperl-1.2.3 [1.2.3] Bioperl 1.2.3 PPM3 Archive
   4. Bioperl-1.4     [1.4] Bioperl 1.4 PPM3 Archive
ppm> install 4

<Should install bioperl 1.4 unless already installed>

Chris

Chris Fields - Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer

Address: