[Bioperl-l] POD note

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Jan 12 09:37:53 EST 2005

bioperl-l,

There are various short tags that you can use in POD to italicize,
emphasize, etc. The POD utilities, like pod2html, will only interpret these
tags if the POD line containing them is not indented. So, this works:

The L<Bio::SeqIO> module...

But this doesn't:

   The L<Bio::SeqIO> module...

What happens in that last case is that the line is treated literally, the
"L<" and ">" end up in the resultant HTML, if you've run pod2html. I only
mention this because it seems to me that I'm removing tags that I've removed
before - perhaps someone is putting these back? I could be wrong about
that...

Brian O.