[Bioperl-l] Getting entire descriptions from FASTA files

David García Cortés davidg at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Jan 12 06:35:52 EST 2005

Hello.

I want to get the entire description line in FASTA format (i mean: description, accession number, etc...). Ive tried with display_id this way:

my $seq_inIO     = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => "$proteasa",
                         -format => 'Fasta');

my $seq_in        = $seq_inIO->next_seq();

my $id_peptid = $seq_in->display_id;

but I only obtain the gi and gb numbers, not the description line.

Then, I tried with $seq_in->desc instead of $seq_in->display_id , but then I only obtain the description (or part of it).

Is there a way to get the entire description line the same way you see it at the FASTA file?

Thanks.

--
David García Cortés
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática (INB)
Catalunya (Spain)               e-mail: davidg at lsi.upc.edu