[Bioperl-l] a basic question

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Feb 28 09:53:27 EST 2005

Hi,

Did you install BLAST? If you didn't, you should read the Description
section of this page:

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.4/Bio/Tools/Run/StandAloneBlast.html

>From that page:

"Before running StandAloneBlast it is necessary: to install BLAST on your system,
to edit set the environmental variable $BLASTDIR or your $PATH
variable to point to the BLAST directory, and to ensure that users
have execute privileges for the BLAST program."

-Paulo

--
Paulo Almeida
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia