[Bioperl-l] What format is this? Supported with BioSeq::IO?

Andreas Kahari ak at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 10:06:07 EST 2005

Without knowing anything about the particular format
or data involved, seaching the web for "sequence" and
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" (various lengths) with google gives a
couple of hints leading to something called HSSP (a database of
protein structure-sequence alignments).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HSSP+protein+structure-sequence+alignments

More examples:
http://www.cbi.pku.edu.cn/Docbak/homo-model-course/1crnHSSP.html
http://www.sciences.fundp.ac.be/biologie/bms/input.html#hssp

I don't think there is a BioPerl parser for it.

Andreas

--
Andreas Kähäri
EMBL-EBI/ensembl