[Bioperl-l] bioperl on Mac OSX

Arya Akmal akmala at nmrc.navy.mil
Fri Feb 4 10:42:16 EST 2005

Hello-

  I've had some trouble installing the bioperl bundle on Mac OSX
(specifically 10.3.7). I've tried both though cpan and by downloading
the  bioperl tarfile and making it. The problem is that a large number
of the tests fail. I can do a forced install, but find that a
significant part of the functionality is missing ... as an example, the
HTML HeadParser.pm module is missing, so I cannot do remote NCBI BLAST
queries. Is this a common problem on OSX platforms, and are there any
workarounds?

thanks.