[Bioperl-l] EMBOSS/water interface

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Thu Feb 3 12:02:50 EST 2005

--
Jason Stajich
jason.stajich at duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~jes12/
On Feb 3, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Mike Muratet wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'm trying to implement the Bio::Factory::EMBOSS to the 'water'
> method (which coincidentally is the one used in the man page example).
> I'm
> using EMBOSS 2.9.0 which is the latest on the emboss website. I get an
> error 'Died: Unknown qualifier -seqall' which I interpret to mean the
> emboss water method complaining that -seqall is not a valid argument.
> It
> is, however, used in the man page. Furthermore, I don't see any
> documentation for Bio::Factory::EMBOSS in the module documentation at
> bioperl.org. Is this an obsolete method? Has anyone ever got the
> example
> in the manpage to work?
It is part of bioperl-run so check http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-run/

These problems reflect differences in EMBOSS-2.8.0 and EMBOSS-2.9.0
cmdline options.

If you do
%water -help
you'll see the names are now -asequence -bsequence

The tests in t/EMBOSS.t in bioperl-run have not been updated.  We'll
have to put some code in there which detects the version of EMBOSS and
updates the parameters appropriately.