[Bioperl-l] blast output -> blast -m8 output

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Dec 29 20:30:32 EST 2005

Amir Karger wrote:
> I'm writing a script that will take regular blast output and translate it to
> blast -m8 tabular form. (The reverse transform won't work without re-doing
> the alignments.)
> I've attached the blast output for running 3 sequences against month.aa.
> Below are the script, the script output, and the blast -m8 output. (Output
> is the same for bioperl-1.4 and 1.5-RC1.)

I can't verify that your code is correct, but I have two comments anyway
which other BioPerl developers may be able to help us with:

1. Can this be done already using any of the Writer modules?

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-live/Bio/SearchIO/Writer/toc.html

2. If not should probably turn the code into a blasttableWriter.pm class?

--
Torsten Seemann
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia