[Bioperl-l] Re: Test writing

Gabriel Valiente valiente at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Dec 28 07:27:13 EST 2005

Sorry about the delay, I've promised to write test files for
Bio::Tree::Draw::Cladogram and Bio::Tree::Compatible much earlier.

I've just submitted t/Compatible.t, a test file for
Bio::Tree::Compatible. There are five simple tests, two of which are
commented out because they need an equality test for Bio::Tree::Tree
objects, which is missing. Any volunteer for writing a tree equality
test? Jason?

Regarding the test file for Bio::Tree::Draw::Cladogram, I just don't
know what to include in the test. The only thing this module does is to
produce a EPS file, and the only thing that comes to my mind is to test
equality of a precomputed EPS file and one produced on the fly for the
same input tree. Any suggestions are welcome.

By the way, can anybody briefly explain why is it necessary to include
prefixes like

my $common = $t1->Bio::Tree::Compatible::common_labels($t2);

in t/Compatible.t, which already uses Bio::Tree::Compatible, instead of just

my $common = $t1->common_labels($t2);

???

Thanks,

Gabriel Valiente