[Bioperl-l] Puzzled...

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 18 18:08:09 EST 2005

Heikki,

I don't have the time to be complete, that's a significant undertaking (e.g.
both NCBI and EMBL and others, diffs of versions, correlating GIs to version
numbers, dates, release numbers, "status", and so on). You may have
correctly deduced from my examples that all I really care about is old and
new GI numbers. But I can certainly add files in such a way as to allow
these methods or modules to appear later if someone wanted to add them.

So in order to satisfy genericiy we could have Bio::DB::Version::ncbi. Or
were you thinking about tying this all a bit closer to the Seq object, as in
Bio::Seq::Version::<something> rather than Bio::DB? Or...?

Brian O.