[Bioperl-l] need info

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Fri Dec 9 04:36:32 EST 2005

Richard,

The modules.pl really could check for public methods and it could try to find
from t files which have been tested. That would be quite useful, but only
after we can clean up the module level testing output sufficiently.

I've been thinking extending the current code in modules.pl to recursively
tick tested all modules that are used or inherited from, but have not written
any code, yet.

Please go ahead and try to get something together along the lines you've been
thinking.

	-Heikki

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 16:01, Richard Adams wrote:
 > Hi Heikki,
> Regarding looking for untested modules/tests,
> how about parsing the *.t files,  parsing out the lines such as
>
> ok $myvar->method1
>
> and getting the class of the variable and making a hash of which public
> methods in each class are tested.
> In this way the class of IO type instances will be the correct subclass
> and you can get this info independent of parsing the 'use module'
> statements If a method is not in that class (ie is in a   superclass) then
> the inheritance hierarchy can be searched until the method is found and
> that method in the superclass ticked as 'tested'
>
> If you like I could work up some pseudocode for it  for any comments,
>
> Richard

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_sanbi _ac _za
    _/_/_/_/_/  Associate Professor    skype: heikki_lehvaslaiho
   _/  _/  _/  SANBI, South African National Bioinformatics Institute
  _/  _/  _/  University of the Western Cape, South Africa
     _/      Phone: +27 21 959 2096   FAX: +27 21 959 2512