[Bioperl-l] remoteblast doesn't save the Output File

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon Dec 5 19:56:33 EST 2005

Hubert,

> I'm quite desperated, because since two days I'm trying to save my
> remoteblast Output and it doesn't work
> here we go....

I tried your script and it works for me.
Here is the output:

% ./hubert.pl

Name "Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::OUT" used only once: possible typo
at
p\uffff   \uffff\uffff      \uffff\uffffJ line 613.
entering blast....Blast entered successfully
submit Sequence...just do it....
MMVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGGGGGRGYHTHHGHHPLQWWWW
entering while loop for saving Output....
retrieved Results successfully
retrieved Results successfully
retrieved Results successfully
1133830353-27473-43968273674.BLASTQ4
File saved successfully

% ls

40 1 .out   4 hubert.pl*   4 Perm.txt

% head 1\ .out

BLASTP 2.2.12 [Aug-07-2005]
Reference: Altschul, Stephen F., Thomas L. Madden, Alejandro A.
Sch\uffffffer,
Jinghui Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Webb Miller, and David J. Lipman
(1997), "Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of
protein database search programs", Nucleic Acids Res. 25:3389-3402.

RID: 1133830353-27473-43968273674.BLASTQ4

Database: Non-redundant SwissProt sequences

--
Torsten Seemann <torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au>
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium