[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::GFF start/end coordinates

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Aug 29 17:43:30 EDT 2005

Hi Jason,

You've got to set $db->absolute(1) to get true Bioperl-compliant coordinates.
The reason for this is because of Bio::DB::GFF's (perhaps regrettable) use of
relative coordinate addressing by default. This is explicitly mentioned in
the documentation under a section named (something like) "BioPerl
compliance."

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein