[Bioperl-l] new modules for sarching for patterns in fasta-fi les

Amir Karger akarger at CGR.Harvard.edu
Tue Aug 16 08:17:19 EDT 2005

I decided to write a separate translator for two reasons. First, I thought
people might want the desc in a separate column. (SeqIO::tab just takes the
entire desc line in one shot, right?) Second, I believe that some people who
use the Scriptome toolbox might not have Bioperl installed, and I don't want
to force them to have Bioperl just to parse some FASTAs. (OTOH, I was Lazy
enough to steal Bio::SeqIO to do most format conversions.)

-Amir