[Bioperl-l] Extract Mutation Automatically

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 06:41:39 EDT 2005

Andrew,

Once you have extracted the information, you can create Bio::Variation objects
which know how to stringify the description according to human mutation
nomenclature rules.

In practise, you create a Bio::Variation::SeqDiff object, add to it the
appropriate Bio::Variation::{DNAMutation|RNAChange|AAChange} objects and call
methods sysname() for nucleotides descriptor or trivname() for amino acid
descriptor.

The nomenclature used is not the most recent complex suggestion from den
Dunnen et al but original (and in basic cases identical) from Antonorakis et
al.

 -Heikki