[Bioperl-l] Not picking up Dbxrefs EMBL records

SG Edwards s0460205 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 12:21:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

My installation does not pick up ANY dbxrefs for gene records e.g. Pubmed,
MEDLINE(either EMBL or Genbank formats). When I load them into the database
they go in fine but no dbxref_ids are mapped to the bioentry_id in the
bioentry_dbxref table. Therefore, nothing appears in the dbxref table either!

The system works fine for UniProt protein entries into the database. I am
currently installing BioPerl v 1.5 to see if this resolves the problem.

An example: NM_214434 from Genbank which has the dbxrefs:

Pubmed 1503277
Taxon  9823
GeneID 404088