[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run prepare executions [was Re:bioperl-run Codeml.pm fix_blength]

Albert Vilella avilella at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:00:04 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Having thought about the previous thread on changing tempdir as a
settable value in Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase (Jason? should we?)...

...I wonder if it may be interesting (at least it would for me) to
have something like a "prepare" method for the execution wrappers in
Bio::Tools::Run.

What I'm looking for is a way to create the dirs corresponding to the
analysis one wants to conduct. The "prepare" method would create, but
not execute, the dir with the ready-to-run elements of the executables
according to the various input data files and parameters.

Right now, we have a "run" method that first prepares the elements
needed for the execution and then runs the program.

We also have container objects for program results in bioperl-live.

This "prepare" method might be useful for people wanting to generate
sets of analysis for further execution on queueing-based systems or
similar scheduled execution situations.

I agree that the sole "preparation" of an execution it might not fit
well with the idea of an execution wrapper as it is now in bioperl, so
any suggestions/comments/criticism are welcome.

Bests,

    Albert.

El dt 12 de 07 del 2005 a les 18:03 +0200, en/na Albert Vilella va
escriure: