[Bioperl-l] Help with parsing (BLAST/exonerate) for DAS server

Will Spooner whs at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 08:31:19 EDT 2005

Hi Michael,

What you have is a Bio::Search::Result object generated from your blast
report, and you would like to use this to generate a GFF file to load into
LDAS? Whilst there is nothing like this in the Ensembl code, I do
see a Bio::SearchIO::Writer::GbrowseGFF module that may suit your needs.

If you have blasted against the Ensembl cdna file but want the chromosome
location of the alignments, then you can parse the blast report into
EnsemblHSP/Hit/Result objects. These extend BioPerl's
GenericHSP/Hit/Result to exactly this end, and can be implemented in the
manner described by the SearchIO howto;
  http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/SearchIO/extending.html
The code can be found in the 'modules' project of Ensembl's CVS
repository (modules/Bio/Search/HSP/EnsemblHSP.pm etc).

All the best,

Will