[Bioperl-l] UniGene

iluminati at earthlink.net iluminati at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 16:40:21 EDT 2005

Sean,

Thanks for the heads-up on Unigene vs. Gene_ID.  I'll definitely take a
look-see on that.  The main thing I'm looking for is a means to get
general info on what family a gene is in.  I keep noticing certain kinds
of genes with similar characteristics, and all I want is a good handle
on the ballpark these genes are in.  Most of the dirty work has been
done in characterizing them.  I need a means for me to check what gene
is in which family, and UniGene seems like the easiest way to do so.

Todd