[Bioperl-l] Existing bioperl module/function?

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Thu Sep 30 20:01:08 EDT 2004

See the example HOWTO Feature-Annotation - if the peptide has a has an
annotated CDS you can grab that cross-reference from the genbank file
and then use the Bio::DB::GenBank to retrieve that CDS record.

 From my tutorials you can also see example solution.
With some background here
http://jason.open-bio.org/Bioperl_Tutorials/Duke_2004/
BioperlProjects.pdf
and an answer for retrieval from swissprot/EMBL some modification
needed to get it from GenPept/GenBank.

http://jason.open-bio.org/Bioperl_Tutorials/Duke_2004/problem_sets/
Project1/get_cds_for_protein.pl

-jason