[Bioperl-l] shell ideas

Gabriel Horner cldwalker at chwhat.com
Sat Sep 18 03:43:26 EDT 2004

Hi all,
  I'm relatively new to the bioinformatics community. Being an avid perl programmer, I'm wondering what ways I could
help contribute to this community. I looked around in the scripts/ and examples/ directories and
noticed a script bioperl.pl which is a basic shell. Since I specialize in writing shells, I'm
wondering what modules/functions would be most helpful in a shell environment.
For starters I would think manipulating sequences,creating images and communicating with remote
databases would be helpful to have in a shell.
I would be basing this on a newer version of Fry::Shell.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Gabriel
--