[Bioperl-l] Writing embl entry to string

TAPO (Thomas Agersten Poulsen) tapo at novozymes.com
Fri Sep 17 07:59:08 EDT 2004

Dear List,

	I am writing a small script to split embl-files into smaller file of a given maximum file size.

To this end, I would like to get the output from Bio::SeqIO->write_seq into a string (so I can evaluate length() on it). Would anybody out there know if this is posible????

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas A Poulsen        Research Scientist, PhD
Novozymes A/S           Protein Design / Bioinformatics
Brudelysvej 26, 1US.24  Phone: +45 44 42 27 23
DK-2880 Bagsværd.       Fax:   +45 44 98 02 46