[Bioperl-l] Reconstructing BLAST output

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Thu Oct 28 15:15:55 EDT 2004

See Bio::SearchIO::Writer::TextResultWriter and HTMLResultWriter which
reconstitute a report based on Bio::Search objects.  You will need to
build Bio::Search objects however from the DB - something that I am
sure has been done in part somewhere already.  Ensembl also has their
own way to store this data but I don't think are using Bio::Search type
object for it at the moment.

If someone gets this bit of to-from RDMBS code working for would be
really nice to have it in bioperl as just a simple component.   I know
lots of people have their own store-similarity-search-results schemas
out there, happy to see a Bio::Search serializiation layer written to
talk to these.

-jason