[Bioperl-l] Path to bl2seq

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 05:52:09 EDT 2004

Hi Marques,

I'm not sure but I thought in Windows the paths use '\' instead of '/'

-james

Marques Bonet wrote:

> hi,
> I'm working withWindows 2000 and Bioperl 1.4. The problem is that my
> script is unable to find bl2seq.exe that I have in a certain directory.
>
> I'm setting the environment variables BLASTDIR and PROGRAMDIR:
> $ENV{PROGRAMDIR} = 'C://blast//';
> $ENV{BLASTDIR} = 'C://blast//';
>
> but this seems not work.
>
> I'm also cheking the program_path() and program_dir and they are empty.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

"Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge...."
            --Thomas Edison

Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group  |
School of Biological Sciences    |
Ashworth Laboratories            | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh          | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                        |
EH9 3JT                          |
UK                               |